makan list - my list of want to eat in malaysia created april 2011 in bed before we slept (yes, we are that food crazy). in the end, we slept at 1am on a weekday. at that moment, the date to balik kampung was still not determined
initially, there were only 10 items on the list. we both go ‘okla, still can eat all. or maybe khatam a few times’ :P but now, errrrrrr, we’re wondering if we can finish all within our next msia trip. how? but yeah, here we go
1. terengganu breakfast well, i have no idea if this is true but my mum who hails from terengganu claims that. it’s glutinous eaten with the condiments - fried coconut shavings, steamed ikan kembung, salted fish, dry fried (? i have no idea what the proper name is. i am no masterchef) pulut grain. ooooooh nikmat!
2. mcd breakfast ok, breakfast melayu dah. now breakfast mat salleh :P i want that rm4.95 sausage mcmuffin and coffee deal on weekdays. masih wujud kah?
3. burger king according to harold, jejak je klia, this is where we’ll go. i nak order mushroom swiss and whopper jr. harold nak tgk menu dulu. muahahaha. usually klu pergi klia to pickup ppl or if my parents pickup, mesti my parents nak makan kat r&r tepi jalan. so maybe first day breakfast bk and makan r&r tepi jalan
4. kfc hot and spicy dinner plate, nando’s, mcd chicken mcspicy (prosperity klu masih ada. please please pleaseeee!), wendy’s, pizza hut stuffed crust pizza and tandoori chicken pizza), anw waffles and coney dog yes, lame ass. i know but i miss fast food. being a muslim in europe, fastfood is very limited. i’m getting tired of eating fish burgers, shoarma, kebabs. and everytime i walk past a fast food chain, i drool. ambik bau pun jadi la. so it will be a fast food fest balik msia kang :D not that i’m complaining. fast food is goooooood
5. mamak! this one, pergh. wajib pergi. i miss teh tarik and roti canai! ok la, tose rawa and mee goreng mamak sekali. roti boom pun best gak kan. masuk sekali roti sardin. alamak, berapa byk punya roti la ni?
6. pasar malam food nak pergi pasar malam uia to buy yong tau foo, nasi dagang, nasi kerabu, among my favourite. harold with favourite buntut ayam goreng. i still can’t understand how he can eat that. all fat. i’ve tried once tapi tak dapat habiskan so took it out of my mouth and he went heeeeey, what a waste of buntut ayam and habiskan mine. ish ish ish
7. coffee bean the ultimate ice blended oh! nobody makes ice blended coffee as good as coffee bean. i hate that we don’t have a branch here. starbucks apa kelas (sorry starbucks fans :P ) it’s just that i find the coffee taste is stronger in coffeebean’s whereas the starbucks ones cewer
8. sate ayam and daging
9. nasi ayam azira or kgns hmmmmm, setap. nuff said
10. chinese dinner and mee kari and yong tau foo kat kgns walaupun dulu nak muntah sebab ada fasa the whole family makan kat situ every weekend, tetiba teringin plak. banyak memories kat kgns. good food, good memories with the family
11. swensen’s earthquake ice cream 8 giant scoops of yummy goodness. flavor wajib - thin mint, cookies and cream, butterscotch, sticky chewy chocolate, peanut buttercup. it’s like a family tradition, everytime birthday mesti tggu the next or the earlier tuesday to go to swensen to celebrate our birthday sbb selasa 50% off. yes, my family revolves around food and good food. in fact my family’s favourite holiday destination is penang and hari2 makan bagai nak rak. oh, penang!
12. nasi kandar speaking of penang, of course i nak nasi kandar penang. oh my usual nasi putih and pelbagai kuah, ayam goreng, papedom, telur ikan and lauk wajib, telur sotong masak kuning. i tak tau how to order, but my dad knows how to. just the way i like it. hmmmmmm
13. kuey teow goreng kat bangsar gerai
14. roti boy - NAK!
15. baker’s cottage Portuguese egg tarts
16. apple talk filo pastry, fresh cream, custardy goo, soft caramel apples. heaven!
17. pasar underground seksyen 14 oh, i grew up with their food. soto hijau, nasi lemak, lontong, nasi paprik, tunjang, nasi campur dengan asam pedas. ooh!
18. burger tepi jalan/ burger ramly hah, ni si shereen punya pasal la ni. hehehe. takde la. i baru perasan memang pernah on the list. sebab harold tergila2kan the burger tepi jalan. i still remember the first time he had his first burger ramly. muka heaven gila. hahahaha kesian mat salleh ni dah 31 tahun baru merasa kesedapan burger ramly. sampai sini nak cari burger ramly jangan harap
19. nasi ambang kat pasar rumah andak
20. cendol kat um
21. nasi biryani kat taman tun
22. santai his favourite makan place. and where he fell in love. with nasi paprik that is :P
23. dimsum kat meisan restaurant, quality hotel kl another favourite place of our family. if the food is good and cheap, you’ll find our family every week :D yes, we had a fasa makan dimsum everyweek and my brothers even begged my parents to not go there anymore sbb they dah muak (ok khairi is more reluctant to go sbb the guy who brings out the trolley seems to have a problem with our family eating too much, and he gets uncomfortable) me and my dad just smile and nom nom. my dad gets excited when he gets his hands on the prawn ones. but the prawn dimsums are super crunchy. it’s halal and cheap. seriously!
24. seoul garden lagi satu family favourite. gosh, nampak sangat me and my dad kuat makan :D my mum pulak tukang ambik. she gets excited to pick the stuff then me and my dad go kenapa mummy ambik banyak2? siapa nak hbskan???? jawapan standard my mum - sebab tau awak suka *smacks head* adoi, mak aku. ala, adoi2 in the end habis jugak i and my dad taram. cuma tak suka keluar bau kedai. ish
25. banana leaf rice we had this with our ao colleagues and yeah that was where we bonded. but the food was also good. tak tau mana kedainya. hmmmm, kena tanya afrar and emy
26. breakfast buffet kat hotel tak kisah hotel mana, janji hotel breakfast buffet. buffet hotel kat sini sungguh la tak syiok
27. my mum’s cooking i nak ketupat sotong, and somehow my mum’s ayam goreng kunyit is different than anyone else’s. i buat tak jadi pun! mesti mummy simpan secret ingredient. ngehngehngeh. oooooh, banyak nak suruh my mum masak :)
28. steak kat san francisco steakhouse
29. nasi kenduri can one my friends yang belum kawin kawin early april please???? :)
30. nasi bojari tak tau la apa rasanya, rupanya. tapi cara si chics describe macam mahsyuk je. tak tau mana nak cari so will have to ask si chics nanti bila nak pergi
31. rocky road, ben’s restaurant hah, ni lagi satu shereen punya influence (shereen, habis la i bagai dipam2 baca your tumblr and follow ur tweets!) according to her sedap gila and kat klcc, pavillion, bangsar village and publika. mana la publika.
wah, macam menu sebulan. cukup2 31 hari punya meal :) ok, i know this list takkan stop beranak. but ya, will i sempat tawaf semua in 3 weeks?? i really do hope so